6.16.2004

life.in.the.city

I went for a walk last night about 10pm. It was still warm and humid but at least I was free to wear sandals and shorts (unlike work) and enjoy the night. As I walked I commented to myself how lonely life in a city could be. So anonymous and isolated yet always surrounded by people seeing and hearing but never interacting. The I saw my sister's '85 Toyota Tercel parked on the street except it was silver instead of red, lacked the stylish Hawaiian print seat covers, and or course the California license plate eschewed by one from Massachusetts.

This morning I went out to my car, though it odd that the trunk was not completely latched. Started off for work. I pulled into a gas station to refuel pulled out my wallet from the center console and opened it to find: No credit card and no ATM card. Lost, Stolen, Slipped out of the wallet. I searched my memory for an answer only to conclude the worst. Stolen!

Now the real issue. No cash. No gas. No bank within 500 miles (I really need to switch). Hmmm...

Fortunately I could call a friend (reference previous post). Thank you Erin for being home and lending me the cash you had.

Cards canceled. New plastic on the way. I think it may be time to return to a cash mentality.

No comments: