2.07.2005

sick.and.tired

Yesterday I returned from a delightful weekend in upstate NY with some of the Boston University students I meet with. Snow on the ground, clear skies, and sunny afternoons typified the weekend. That was a decided relief from the recent dreary but warmer and clear but bitterly cold days of the last few weeks. What? You say I have completely avoided tying this post into the title in any significant way? Well I'll have you know I was just getting to that...

I returned home to order pizza and lay on the couch as the events of the superbowl unfolded (Go Pats!). A few friends dropped by including someone in particular who made the evening quite enjoyable. Unfortunately, as we settled in for commercial critique and some dynasty making football, I began to notice a scratchiness in my throat and some heat and pressure from my head. Orange Juice and water flowed into me and sleep followed shortly after the goodbyes were said. Still I awoke with a dried out and raw throat, sore muscles and that same head condition. So here I am, sick and tired.

I trust that satisfies the title as well as a glimpse into my day. Until next time...

No comments: