3.02.2005

the.genius.of.ray.charles

After watching "Ray" I commented that I hoped there would be a legitimate soundtrack released with all of the music that was included in the movie. I also almost spent about $100 on iTunes to buy some significant Ray Charles music but I resisted. This afternoon my flat mate comes home and says, "Here, I got you a present." He tosses me a Trader Joe's bag surrounding something and closed with a rubber band in my lap. I open it to find not one but two CDs and they are none other than Ray- The official motion picture soundtrack and More Music from Ray. Indeed, two compilations of Ray Charles music and a couple of non-Ray selections that were in the movie. An interesting addition on the second CD are a couple of tracks that were recorded by Ray specifically for the movie in 2003 before he died. Very cool to say the least. There is also a "bonus" DVD in the "more songs from" package with a couple of old TV appearances which were fun to watch.

Anyway here is the list of songs now neatly tucked in iTunes and parked on the iPod with a 1 in the play count field.


Leave My Woman Alone
Lonely Avenue
Rockhouse Parts 1 & 2
I Believe To My Soul
Losing Hand
I'm Movin' On
But On The Other Hand Baby
Baby, It's Cold Outside - With Betty Carter
The Danger Zone
Busted
Makin' Whoopee
Let's Go Get Stoned
Drifting Blues
Baby Let Me Hold Your Hand (2003 Version)
Drown In My Own Tears/You Don't Know Me (2003 Version)
Every Day I Have The Blues (New Recording) - Chris Thomas King
America The Beautiful


Mess Around
I've Got A Woman
Hallelujah I Love Her So
Drown In My Own Tears
(Night Tiime Is) The Right Time
Mary Ann
Hard Times (No One Knows Better Than I)
What'd I Say
Georgia On My Mind
Hit The Road Jack
Unchain My Heart
I Can't Stop Loving You
Born To Lose
Bye Bye, Love
You Don't Know Me
Let The Good Times Roll
Georgia On My Mind

Nice!

No comments: