10.23.2005

ok.so.yeah

I guess I didn't manage to keep up even a semblance of consistency in posting but that is the way life is sometimes. Has there been some tragedy in my life that has stemmed the tide of my blogging? Has some unknown evil overthrown my ability to communicate? No, on the contrary good things have created for me a sense of the overwhelming complexity of life.

What is this guy talking about?

Well I will endeavor to explain. I recently was hired as a full time employee of the school where I have up to this point been essentially a long-term sub. There was a resignation of a teacher and apparently, from the praise of the principal, they were quite pleased with my and whatever it was that was happening in the classroom under my watch. The only real downside to all of this is that at some point I will be transitioning from the Science Department and teaching Physics & Chemistry to the Math and Social Studies Departments to teach cultural geography. Maybe I will find that article about the Indian (I think) woman and her sassey red shoes - If you had Victerson you understand if not don't worry. Also Algebra and Business Math. As my Dad says in High School the easiest class to teach (in terms of preparation required) is math after all it's just homework, quiz, test, final with lecture and maybe a single project worked in there somewhere.

That's all good you might say, but what is causing the craziness?

Fine, I was just coming to that. So, it seems that the Physics guy for whom I am currently filling in is not ready to come back yet (Another 2-3 weeks they say) and that adds to the indefinite stay in the Science Department that began that fateful day in September. So the uncertainty ends but is yet prolonged. Let's just say that the day I signed the contract turned into one of those days. I suddenly felt trapped by my good decision to stick with a job that was in line with what I am currently considering as my goals.

I think that God has been teaching me for so long now (2+ years) how to trust Him and let go of everything I want and accept that I don't know what is happening tomorrow much less 5-10 years from now that it was time for a new lesson. It seems that we are now learning to trust and work through a period of time where a commitment has been made. My life now seems filled with commitments (small and large): A job with a contract until June, A girlfriend, volunteering with the BU Navs, A 1 year lease on an apartment to name a few. How to live a free and inspired life in a time of commitments seems to be the question du jour.

At this point it is mostly ramblings and a deep sense of gratitude that I have people in my life who care enough to ask and listen and even to wait while I attempt to ponder...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Business math? That's probably the easiest math there is out there! Add, subtract, multiply and divide. Pretty straightforward, I think.

Now, cultural geography is a whole different ball of wax. Good luck.

Jon said...

So you are still alive...I was beginning to wonder what happened to you