7.17.2007

middle.of.july

The idea that the fourth is long gone and the start of school at the end of August is fast approaching is almost paralyzing some moments. Still onward I press. I am working nights this week and I can only describe the experience as confusing. As I look at the clock now shortly after 4pm it is impossible to really understand that I will be awake 12 hours from now heading into the last hour of an 8 hour worknight. At least I have the work I say to myself when I pull up into the driveway after the sun is up and wave to my roommate just heading out to work. OK, so I didn't actually wave and he was actually already on his way to work but this is a more poetic image. I suppose I should figure out a way to sleep all day and work all night but is no way to spend a summer. Is it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Optometry, huh? I'll be sure to send my boys to you if we're back in the same area. If they have my eyesight, they're screwed. Hopefully laser eye surgery will be more affordable by then.

Are you coming to Orange County anytime soon?

- Gabe