5.24.2004

location.location.location

No, this will not be a lecture on the fundamentals of real estate. As suggested by the incomparable Alexis I will now do my best to describe my current surroundings.

You already know the proximity of my apartment to Harvard Square and the river so I will spare you that. The apartment itself in contained in an old brick row house facing a similar structure across what can only be described as the resident's do -- the lane. Parking on one side and barely enough space on the other to drive through one way. The two-story, ivy-drenched, red-brick structure is topped with steeply sloping roofs and the doors open onto small stoops sheltered by tin gables. As one end of the lane lay larger but just as sheltered homes and at the other Mt. Auburn Street, a green belt, Memorial Drive, and the Charles River.

I know, a picture is worth a thousand words and I will not even attempt a thousand here nut I refuse to promise pictures that I may not be able to provide so I hope to bring you pictures at some point.

No comments: