5.13.2004

working.for.the.man

While sitting at work I am often reminded of a song. Today it was the CCR song referenced above. Rollin' on the river baby!

What is it about the majority of the population that ends up working at jobs that they don't enjoy? I may be pursuing a job I will enjoy but not yet. That seems to be the plight of the twenty somethings of this country. I would say the world but sadly I have little experience outside the confines of the US. I must say (having moved from one coast to the other by car) this place is big and there is water on either side.

When it comes to work interesting anecdote: I was going through a drive-through at lunch today and the girl at the window was in state of mind that could only be called disgruntled. I must say I found it amusing to say the least. Sure the car in front of me had taken sit-down resturant time to pay for a fast-food meal. Sure her manager had just yelled at her for holding up the line. I just wondered how much of her identity she was allowing to be wrapped up in the "McJob" that was her current state.

tbc...

No comments: