7.21.2005

confections.and.baking

I am the first to point out that despite my passion for food and cooking I just dabble in baking. My girlfriend, on the other hand, makes a mean lemon pound cake (among other delectible desserts). The irony, therefore, is hardly lost on me that the one request she has made of me for her birthday tomorrow is a chocolate marble cake. The pressure of preparing a cake for someone accomplished in the art of baking is obvious.

Fortunately I have Alton Brown of Good Eats on my side and of course the whole internet thing. At this point I am pleased with the result and all that remains is storage, transport, and service.

2 comments:

Alexis Wright said...

Aren't you just the best boyfriend in the world. Kinda makes me sick and depressed. Oh wait, that's completely normal for me. Anyway, kudos to your cake making. One day, I too, will have a cake maker of my own.

Jon said...

Man, I can't bake worth crap